MaryAnne’s 10 Favorite Summer Things
We’re well into Summer now, as we approach the end of June. I just wanted to share some of my personal favorite items that I must have with me, on me, or in my beach/pool bag.
1. Nexcare Waterproof Bandages – the little ones are bound to scrape their knee at some point, most likely while running to the pool with excitement. Yes, I’m that mom with the waterproof bandages. These things save the day. Treat the boo-boo and carry on with water fun!
2. In addition to SPF 30 (or more) sunscreen for your body, you’ll need to protect your face. I discovered this Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Face Oil Free Lotion Sunscreen. It feels great, hydrates and moisturizes – while protecting you from the sun’s damaging rays. I wear it even though I’m not going to the pool or beach. Protect your face!3. Everyone who knows me knows I have OCD. I wash my hands quite a bit. Oh, my gosh this is the BEST summer hand soap! Bath & Body Works Island White Pineapple. MMMMM. It takes me back to Hawaii every time!
4. Another wonderful Summer scent – Bath & Body Works Waikiki Beach Coconut Body Lotion. So yummy!
5. I don’t drink soda, but when I do… I drink Coke. Not Diet Coke, just Coke. Vanilla Coke is delicious, especially with a splash of Malibu Coconut Rum. My perfect poolside adult beverage.
6. Smell good for date night – This is my go-to fragrance, year round. I just wanted to share this pretty photo of my most favorite perfume that I never get tired of. Chanel Chance. I’ve been wearing it for years. I try other fragrances, then go back to Chanel every time.
7. Pretty jewelry – I’m not good at accessorizing. AT ALL. Jim bought me this set and I wear it with everything, mostly because of the purple haha! It’s just so pretty and goes with a lot of my casual and dressy clothes. Chloe + Isabel is available through my beautiful girlfriend, Phoebe. Here’s her link: https://www.chloeandisabel.com/boutique/MsPhoebe
9. Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream – We keep the large 16 oz. of this stuff handy year-round. It’s great for the kids after a shower, and I use it at night on my dry heels. All Summer in flip-flops is hard on the feet. Moisturize!
10. Quarters – lots of them! Keep quarters in a zip-lock baggy in your car. Not all parking meters take debit/credit cards, especially at the beach. One of my favorite #RandomActsOfKindness is dropping a quarter in an expired meter near my car.
- Watch those kiddos in the pool or ocean. Even if there’s a lifeguard.
- Never leave pets or kids unattended in the car, for any reason, for any length of time.
- Sunscreen! Always!
- Hydrate! Lots of water to drink.
- Check on your parents, grandparents, any elderly loved ones if they live by themselves. It’s good to stay in contact with loved ones anyway!
- Be safe with and around fireworks.
Have a great Summer!